Patron Services Manager
Patron Services Manager
The Patron Services Manager is responsible for managing ticket sales, event reservations, and donor records for the Racine Symphony Orchestra. Other responsibilities include performing daily clerical tasks and providing general administrative support. As the first line of contact for many of Racine Symphony’s patrons and the general public, the Patron Services Manager serves as an ambassador for the organization and its continued growth, development, and success. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with all other staff and volunteers when supporting particular areas. The following list includes specific responsibilities, but is not final. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Specific responsibilities include:
TICKET SALES/CONCERT LOGISTICS
- Be a positive spokesperson for the orchestra when communicating with potential donors and ticket buyers.
- Process all ticket purchases in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Assist with concert operations as needed, including selling tickets and reconciling box office receipts.
- Create and maintain floor plan for Lakeside Pops Concerts.
- Update donor database (Filemaker Pro 12), monitoring daily obituaries and facilitating timely changes related to personal status, address, phone number, and email.
- Process accurate recording and timely acknowledgments of all donations of money and goods, including the proper data entry of all donations.
- Produces specialized reports on donors and ticket buyers as requested and proactively identifies trends with suggested actions.
- Maintains orchestra archives.
- Maintain positive relationships with all patrons, staff, musicians, board members, sponsors and media partners, community leaders and organizations, professional organizations, and the general public.
- Organize advertising solicitation for concert booklet and manage communications and billing with advertisers.
- Organize and coordinate creation of concert booklet, patron brochure, and ticket brochure.
- Work with Executive Director and board committee to help plan and implement special fundraising events including managing invitations and RSVPs, attending the event to perform applicable staff duties, track attendance and income from tickets, and bring any necessary supplies to the event.
- Willingness to take on other tasks as required.
CLERICAL/GENERAL OFFICE SUPPORT
- Generates mailings via mail merge and coordinates volunteers in preparing bulk mailings for delivery to the post office.
- Coordinate volunteers for activities such as office support, concert ushers, and special events.
- Staff the front desk, routing phone calls and assisting walk-in customers.
- Ability to multi-task and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor degree or relevant work experience.
- General appreciation for orchestra music.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete projects efficiently.
- Prior customer services experience.
- Mathematical proficiency, general banking practices.
- Marketing and/or Fund Development experience a plus.
- Ability to stand for several hours and lift boxes that weigh approximately 25 pounds.
- Fluid proficiency of professional email communication.
- Fluid proficiency in the following Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Basic knowledge of FileMaker Pro a plus, must be willing to attend training.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Publisher, Access and Project a plus.
- Experience with Constant Contact a plus.
- This is a part time position averaging 21 hours weekly with occasional evening and weekend hours required. Office hours are 9:00 – 4:00 Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Mild flexibility in schedule is expected.
- Paid time off for two weeks (6 days) per year plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Twelve Month Salary Pay Range: Minimum $12,000, commensurate upon experience.
November 28, 2017
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.